May. 28, 2020
Metal tile panels are a graceful and durable roofing material, suitable for pitched roof applications. They combine the traditional look with the latest technology and can be used on residential and commercial buildings, and for replacing old roofs. Metal tile panels are made from sheet metal which is zinc-plated on both sides, with several protective layers, which ensures durability. It is one of the most light-weight roofing materials, which is an advantage because it does not require a heavy roof support structure.
The weight of the material is particularly important for re-roofing old buildings, since light-weight metal panels do not require reinforcing the supporting structures. One square (10'x 10') of metal roof weighs 96 lb., which is about 10 times lighter than traditional clay tiles.
A wide range of colours and roof profiles allow the matching of the roof to the exterior of the building and its surroundings. The length of the tile panels are cut to an optimal size to eliminate wastage and keep the client's cost as low as possible.
THE BENEFITS OF METAL PANELS
● Beauty and function - Metal roofs look better and last longer,
● Excellent long term investment - Lowest cost per annum coverage,
● Fire resistant - Class A fire resistant,
● Wind resistant - Class A wind resistant (up to 150 km/h),
● Light weight - Eliminating structural sagging,
● Moisture resistant - Treated metal and finishes resist oxidation,
● Stain resistant - Mildew resistant, unlike asphalt shingles,
● 100% recyclable materials - Environmentally friendly,
● Tax savings - Energy tax credits available for metal roofing purchases
● Insurance savings - Homeowner insurance with lower rates
● No maintenance required.